Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes Recipe
I came up with these crepes one day as a way to use up leftover chicken and ham. It's an elegant dish that only looks like you fussed. —Susan Kemmerer, Telford, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fully cooked ham
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, eggs and milk until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 7-in. skillet. Pour about 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet; lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding oil to the skillet as needed. Place waxed paper between crepes.
- 3. Sprinkle the chicken, ham and cheese over crepes. Roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4. For sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and ham until cheese is melted. Pour 2/3 cup sauce over crepes.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 7 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 357 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC