- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Additional milk, optional
- Place chicken in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; cover with water. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Add seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain chicken. Cut pastry sheets in half widthwise. On one side of each half, place a chicken breast, 1/4 cup mushroom mixture, two ham slices and one cheese slice. Fold pastry over filling and seal edges.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with milk if desired. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Cordon Bleu Calzones
Sort By :
"Delicious and easy. Great dinner to serve for prom."
"I made this for dinner tonight and then checked the calories after I ate it. Needless to say, I was shocked. It was really good but I probably won't make it again or if I do, I will only eat half a serving....For those of you who are interested this dish is 1,128 calories per serving. :/"
"I served these at our annual Christmas dinner to 12. I made them ahead of time and put them in the fridge. Then I baked all 12 for about 40 min at 375. They turned out perfect and got rave reviews! Definitely would make them again!"
"This was a big hit with the family, was easy to make.. Cant wate to tell the other Army wifes about it! :) Thanks"
"I tried this recipe and left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. This did not come out at all for me. Obviously not enough liquid and the sauce was like paste. I am sure it is great for people who like mushrooms."