Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake Recipe
“I got this recipe from a friend, years ago. I freeze several half recipes in disposable pans to share with neighbors or for when I don’t have much time myself.” Rea Newell - Decatur, Illinois
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside.
- 3. Divide chicken between two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with ham, Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 5. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
1 cup equals 555 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 158 mg cholesterol, 1,055 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 46 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC