- thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Combine the remaining cornstarch with the water until smooth; stir
- into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Discard bay leaf. Serve chicken and mushrooms with rice.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup mushroom mixture and 1/2 cup rice equals 354 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.