- 1-1/2 cups uncooked saffron rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting the butter. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- Whisk the soup, celery flakes and thyme into the drippings until smooth. Add rice; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; top with chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Continental in Country Woman August/September 2008, p22
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Continental
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review