Chicken Church Casserole Recipe
Chicken Church Casserole is a stick-to-your-ribs dish that's a favorite at church luncheons, reports Charlotte Pizio of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania.
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (2 pounds) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 6 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In several large bowls, combine the chicken, macaroni, mushrooms, pimientos, onions and peppers. In another large bowl, combine the soups, cheese, milk, basil and lemon-pepper; add to chicken mixture.
- 2. Place about 12 cups mixture in each of four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the casseroles. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4 casseroles (12 servings each).
1 cup equals 271 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC