- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (2 pounds) elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 6 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In several large bowls, combine the chicken, macaroni, mushrooms, pimientos, onions and peppers. In another large bowl, combine the soups, cheese, milk, basil and lemon-pepper; add to chicken mixture.
- Place about 12 cups mixture in each of four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Combine cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the casseroles. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4 casseroles (12 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Church Casserole
Sort By :
"Fantastic recipe! I certainly would not consider this to be a heart attack on a plate either. Definitely comfort food on a cool evening. Try it and live a little, you will be glad you did."
"haven't tired it yet, would like to know if anyone has substituted velveeta cheese with real cheese"
"I don't think 2 lbs. Velveeta is very much when divided it into 48 servings."
"In response to Otis and Denniss: Yes, I did reduce this reciped by dividing it by 4. This would serve approx. 12. Ingredients are 5 cups chicken, 1/2 lb. macaroni, 9 oz. mushrooms, 2 oz. pimientos, 1/2 onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1 can celery soup, 1 can mushroom soup, 1/2 lb. Velveeta, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tsp. basil, 1/4 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning, 1/2 cup corn flakes, 1 Tbsp. butter. This makes an easy, delicious and satisfying dinner for everyone. Attention, Denniss: The reduced amount of cheese for just 12 servings is certainly acceptable for a nutritious meal since it's less than 1 oz per serving. I don't think you noticed that the original 2 lb of Velveeta was to serve 45 - 50. Enjoy!"
"Has anyone reduced this to a family size portion? I would love to make it but not for 45 to 50 people. Thanks!"