Chicken Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, soups and milk. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken, Mexicorn, onion and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until onion is tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups equals 293 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,287 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Chowder
"This is a very tasty chowder. It was more like a soup, but still enjoyable on a rainy night."
"Niether of us like anything real spicy, but this soup has just enough to make it tasty, but not enough to make it hot. Very good soup."
"super quick and easy to throw together. will definitely make again..."
"This was wonderful! We added a bit of garlic to it. Very tasty and very easy!"
"Love this easy and tasty recipe. Even my picky husband had seconds!"
"A nice hearty soup that is quick to throw together on a busy worknight. Even my picky 6 yr old son loved it!"