- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons julienned carrot
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, salt and ginger until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the mushrooms, celery, onion, pepper and carrot in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through. Serve with rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Chow Mein
Sort By :
I really like this recipe, however I much prefer Jasmine Rice. The nutty taste of Jasmine goes well with the Chow Mien although admittedly not as healthy as Brown Rice. Thanks for sharing.
This is a D'lish dish! I can not wait to make it again.
Very easy and tasty. Next time I would add almonds (or water chestnuts) and red pepper flakes.
My other half is a chinese lover; so for him to love this recipe says a lot. We do love it.
I have quite a few different chow mein recipes, but this one is definitely a cut above the rest. None of the flavors is overcome by the others. You can taste everything and the vegetables give the whole dish a very fresh quality. I didn't make any changes, but I did sprinkle some lightly salted cashews on top before serving. This is a keeper!!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >