- Place the tomatillos, onion, jalapenos and garlic cloves on a greased
- baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until tomatillos
- are tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor; cover and
- process until blended.
- In a Dutch oven, bring the water, broth, garlic bulb, cloves and bay
- leaves to a boil. Reduce heat; add chicken breasts and poach,
- uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from broth and shred. Strain broth, discarding
- seasonings. Crumble chorizo into Dutch oven; cook over medium heat
- for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain. Return broth to Dutch
- oven. Stir in the hominy, 2 teaspoons lime juice, oregano, cumin,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatillo mixture and shredded chicken; heat
- through. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, radishes and
- remaining cilantro, lime juice and salt. Serve with soup. Garnish
- with chips. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup posole with 1/3 cup salsa and 2/3 cup chips equals 430 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,292 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.