Chicken Chorizo Lasagna Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) chorizo
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add jalapenos. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked; drain. Shred chicken; add to skillet. In a bowl, combine eggs and ricotta.
- 2. Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles, a third of the ricotta mixture, half of the meat mixture, 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, enchilada sauce and Monterey Jack.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- 4. Meanwhile, place sauce ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve with lasagna. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 704 calories, 44 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 1,338 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 54 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Chorizo Lasagna
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.