- 1 package (15 ounces) chorizo
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add jalapenos. Cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until meat is fully cooked; drain. Shred chicken; add to skillet. In a bowl, combine eggs and ricotta.
- Spread 1 cup enchilada sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles, a third of the ricotta mixture, half of the meat mixture, 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup enchilada sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, ricotta mixture, enchilada sauce and Monterey Jack.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, place sauce ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Serve with lasagna. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Chorizo Lasagna
Sort By :
Love the flavors. This was an instant family hit!
Amazing, I made this recipe and feed multiple "picky" eaters and they loved it! I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe.
What a crowd pleaser!!! Made this for our HS volleyball conference tournament hospitality room. It overshadowed the regular lasagna I made and so many tasters wanted the recipe. I made it my own and added black olives and 1/2 cup of salsa verde to each layer. I used mexican cheese on top. Don't omit the avocado cream sauce - this is the icing on the cake, so to speak. I did try this with regular hot pork suasage and didn't get the same flavor at all. Stick with the chorizo, it's the best. Great potluck and great for teenagers.
My husband does not like lasagna, but he absolutely loved this.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Lasagna >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >