Chicken Chopped Salad
Lime dressing gives lively flavor to this crunchy salad tossed with peaches, peppers and peanuts. The unusual combination is a great way to use up leftover chicken or turkey and packs well for lunches or picnics. It's also terrific with the addition of grapefruit sections or pineapple tidbits.
-Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups chopped or torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the limeade concentrate, oil,
- vinegar, cilantro, ginger and salt; shake well. Pour over salad and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.