- 2 cups chopped or torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup thawed limeade concentrate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the limeade concentrate, oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger and salt; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Chopped Salad
"I've sometimes substituted mango for peaches and added jicama for crunch."
"I just made this salad for a girls weekend at the lake and everyone just loved it. The dressing was fantastic."
"I enjoyed this, but it seemed to be too much dressing. So I just added some more lettuce. Lots of good flavor!"
"We substituted strawberries for the peaches, and it was awesome!! Got rave reviews from everyone at a potluck."