- 3 Honey & Spice Baked Chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Optional toppings: sour cream, salsa con queso dip, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold up edge nearest filling; fold in both sides and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cook chimichangas until golden brown, turning to cook all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Chimichangas
"I found the filling a bit dry, thought it needed salsa, sour cream, or something else in there."
"WOW! Delicious: my family, including the kiddos loved these. I will make these again."