Chicken Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup mild or medium picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado and sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, picante sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 263 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Chicken Chili
"Excellent!! Very flavorful. My kids even gobbled it up. And if anyone is counting weight watchers points plus...it is 5 points per serving! I served this with Low Fat Cornbread. Very filling meal."
"Quick and easy recipe."