Chicken Chili Recipe
Cooking is one of my most enjoyable activities. This recipe came from trial and error, and now it's a family favorite. My husband loves taking the leftovers to work for lunch, and his co-workers always want him to share.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup mild or medium picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado and sour cream
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, picante sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 263 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 470 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC