- 4-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, yellow and sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; add the beans, peppers, onion and seasonings. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken; simmer for 30 minutes. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p81
Reviews for Chicken Chili with Herbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"LOVED the spice!!!"