Chicken Chili with Black Beans Recipe
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-3/4 pounds), cubed
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup chicken broth or beer
- In a Dutch oven, saute the chicken, red peppers and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the green chilies, garlic, chili powder, cumin and coriander; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and broth or beer; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 10 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Chili with Black Beans
Sort By :
This was a very good base however needed a extra spice,cayenne, lime, beans and corn. Guess I turned chili into mexican veggie soup!
I used ground chicken and boneless thighs.
thanks for sharing !
This chili has a very good flavor but, red meat lover that I am, I missed the beef. I will most likely use this recipe again, either substituting beef for the chicken, or leaving it as is for my husband, who prefers the chicken.
Amazing! I prefer it with ground chicken breast and in a slow cooker so i skip the oil but it is still the best I've ever had and it's nothing but healthy.
Yummy! We used green peppers instead of the red because that's what we had home. Definitely a keeper!
One of our favorite chili recipes. For a hotter version, I add 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper.