Chicken Chili Nachos
Your gang will huddle around the buffet table at half-time when you put out the two heaping plates of these spicy chicken nachos. “This is a ‘dash in the pan’ dish that’s always a hit.”—Karen Horning, Rockford, Illinois.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until no
- longer pink. Add tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes
- or until tomato juice is reduced. Stir in the beans, paprika, cumin
- and cayenne; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on two large microwave-safe plates;
- sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with chicken mixture and
- remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 25-30 seconds or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 484 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 26 g protein.