Your gang will huddle around the buffet table at half-time when you put out the two heaping plates of these spicy chicken nachos. “This is a ‘dash in the pan’ dish that’s always a hit.”—Karen Horning, Rockford, Illinois.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (13-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken until no longer pink. Add tomatoes; cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until tomato juice is reduced. Stir in the beans, paprika, cumin and cayenne; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange the tortilla chips on two large microwave-safe plates; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with chicken mixture and remaining cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 25-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Chili Nachos in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p10
Reviews for Chicken Chili Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review