Chicken Chili Lasagna Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), halved
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, onions, 1-1/2 cups Mexican-cheese blend, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and cilantro until blended. Stir in chicken; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chilies, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining cumin.
- 3. Spread 1/2 cup of the cheese sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with six tortilla halves, a third of the chicken mixture and a fourth of the cheese sauce. Repeat tortilla, chicken and cheese sauce layers twice. Top with remaining tortillas, cheese sauce and Mexican cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 386 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Chili Lasagna
"This is excellent! I usually add some black olives."
"I switched the cheese to jalapeno pepper jack and cheddar and added some chili powder. Instead of a casserole I layered it in a spring-form pan. Next time I will omit sauce on the bottom and add less onion."
"Didn't like the crunch from the only semi-cooked onions. Tortillas got soggy for the leftovers. Added hot sauce to chicken mixture for a little heat."
"This has been a favorite in our family since the first time I made it."
"This is a much requested dish with friends. I have also made it in a crockpot for pot luck. There are never leftovers!"
"This is one of our favorite recipes and we make it often, it is a bit involved but is real worth it."
"I have made this for a Realtor Open House twice, and always get great reviews!"
"This is delicious! A bit labor-intensive, but great for a special occasion/company. Any leftovers will keep well. I wish I had a separate freezer so that I could make this and freeze half for another meal."
"I've made this recipe 5 times and everyone always loves it! It's also easy to adjust for flavor or whaterver you have on hand. Like it hotter? Add some fresh diced jalapeno for the green onions. Low on mexican cheese? Substitute sharp white cheddar. MMM!!!"
"I have made this many times over the last few years. It has always been a favorite."
"We really love this recipe with the modifications we have made. I use pepper jack cheese in place of the monterey cheese and the can chilis. I also add Morton's Seasoning which has additional garlic and other spices. And yes it does freeze very well. - jahipple"
"This recipe freezes really well and is great to keep in the freezer for drop-in company."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.