Chicken Chili Fettuccine Recipe
This pasta dish features ingredients mild enough for kids, but tasty enough for grown-ups. The dish also works well for company. Cindy Cohen of Alta Loma, California writes, “Not only is it tasty, it has nice and colorful presentation.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until onion is tender.
- 2. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; toss with butter. Serve with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC