- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add mushrooms and onion; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with butter. Serve with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Chili Fettuccine
Sort By :
"This was very good and I made it exactly like the recipe says with the exception of mushrooms . . . didn't have any. I also made only half and it worked out perfect for the 2 of us. Next time I might add some Italian seasoning. It's a keeper!"
"My family really liked this recipe. I did not have any fettuccine so I used linguine which worked perfectly. It was very quick to prepare which I really need on a weekday ;-)"
"This could be a 4 star recipe if you used fresh mushrooms and maybe add some more seasoning. I might also try adding a jar of salsa instead of one of the cans of tomatoes. I would also half this recipe as I got about 10-12 servings instead of 5."