Cheesy enchiladas turn an everyday meal into a fiesta! Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas, shares these hearty Southwestern roll-ups.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Chopped green onions and sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cream cheese, chilies and salt until blended.
- In another skillet, cook tortillas in oil over medium heat until warmed and lightly browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Spoon a fourth of cream cheese mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with chicken. Roll up and place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Brush tops with milk; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions and olives if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chili Chicken Enchiladas in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Chili Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review