Chicken Chili Chowder Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes, broth, soup, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the chicken, beans and corn; heat through. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Chicken Chili Chowder(3)
Sort By :
We really enjoyed this. I freeze a lot of soups since it is only my husband and I. Potatoes don't freeze we'll sometimes so I omitted them. They weren't missed at all. But...I guess it's not a "chowder" anymore!
This was fabulous! Very flavorful! My daughters are picky, so I omitted the beans, onion & canola oil. I also was running late on time, so I used canned chicken chunks. I had planned on regular chicken, but honestly, for a last minute substitute, it worked out just fine! I served this with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. It's my new favorite soup!
I made it for about 20 coworkers and served it with a side of plain egg noodles. It was a hit!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >