Chicken Chili Chowder
One chilly April afternoon, I craved a hearty soup but had less than an hour to prepare a meal. I came up with this chowder that uses pantry ingredients, and everyone thought it hit the spot. —Jenna Rempe, Lincoln, NE
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan until tender. Add potatoes,
- broth, soup, salsa and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the chicken, beans and corn; heat through. Serve with cheese
- and sour cream if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).