- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup mild or medium picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado and sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, picante sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Country Extra January 1992, p49
Reviews for Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
"Excellent!! Very flavorful. My kids even gobbled it up. And if anyone is counting weight watchers points plus...it is 5 points per serving! I served this with Low Fat Cornbread. Very filling meal."
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2010
"Quick and easy recipe."