Cooking is one of my most enjoyable activities. This recipe came from trial and error, and now it's a family favorite. My husband loves taking the leftovers to work for lunch, and his co-workers always want him to share.
Recommended: 17 Chili Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup mild or medium picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado and sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium. Saute onion, green pepper and garlic until tender. Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, picante sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls. Top with cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Chili in Country Extra January 1992, p49
Reviews for Chicken Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review