The spices in this simple strata with chicken, broccoli and cheese offer an extra-special taste. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Add broccoli, onion salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper; heat through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, toast bread cubes in remaining butter until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and soup; pour over bread cubes. Stir in chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cheese Strata in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review