Chicken Cheese Strata Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cubed French bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until no longer pink. Add broccoli, onion salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper; heat through. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, toast bread cubes in remaining butter until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk and soup; pour over bread cubes. Stir in chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 570 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,282 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.