- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese just until melted (do not boil). Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Soup(11)
Sort By :
Sounded good, but did not make-too many calories, too much fat and too much sodium
My difference is to boil until tender (in as little water as possible):
1 onion ? chopped
2 small grated carrots
1 large stalk celery ? chopped
Add to vegetables:
1½ cups broth from chicken
3 cups milk
½ cup cornstarch
1 pound Velveeta Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Simmer 30 to 45 minutes after cheese melts.
Mine is much better than using canned soup and frozen vegetables.
Even tho this recipe sounds good, the amount of sodium is way too much for me.. which happens when using canned items.. not sure if this soup comes in low sodium & just how much sodium it would be then..maybe I'll check that out..
I have had this recipe for some time and make this soup often but usually use ham (or just leave the meat out) and often use frozen broccoli instead of the mixed veggies! Try it on a cold day! You'll be hooked too!
Creamy and delicious! I swapped the water for chicken broth and doubled most of the ingredients for a fuller pot. It's good enough for company AND sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Potato Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >