Chicken Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (15 to 16 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour and salt until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, parsley and remaining mozzarella; set aside. Spread one-quarter of the cheese sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; cover with one-third of the noodles. Layer with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach and half of the chicken.
- Cover with one-quarter of the cheese sauce and one-third of the noodles. Repeat layers of ricotta mixture, spinach, chicken and one-quarter cheese sauce. Cover with remaining noodles and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Lasagna
Sort By :
The sauce is bland. It either needs more seasoning or a stronger chees.
I am a Wisconsin girl so when something says chicken and CHEESE lasagna, it better have some awesome cheesy flavor! This does not! It has a ton of cheese that has no flavor! I would do half mozzarella half asiago or some other tasty cheese! Then I would make it again!
Excellent recipe - no tweeks needed! Have made it many times - at home and for large crowds. Always gets good reviews. Thank you!
Fabulous! My kids even ate it and they don't like spinach!