It can be pure heaven to dive into gooey, cheesy enchiladas. Especially if they taste anything like the recipe Diane Witmer of Spencer, Wisconsin sent us. They're rich, creamy and extra-cheesy, which makes them very hearty and filling.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, chilies and olives. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Add the chicken, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese and 2 cups cheddar cheese to remaining soup mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with reserved soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; top with onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Cheese Enchiladas in Light & Tasty
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review