Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
It can be pure heaven to dive into gooey, cheesy enchiladas. Especially if they taste anything like the recipe Diane Witmer of Spencer, Wisconsin sent us. They're rich, creamy and extra-cheesy, which makes them very hearty and filling.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, soup, chilies and olives.
- Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Add the chicken, 2 cups Monterey
- Jack cheese and 2 cups cheddar cheese to remaining soup mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla;
- roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Top with reserved soup mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheeses; top with onions. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese
- is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 enchiladas equals 992 calories, 63 g fat (35 g saturated fat), 251 mg cholesterol, 1,765 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 63 g protein.