Chicken Cheddar Stuffing Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Spread the stuffing into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer with chicken, corn, mushrooms, soup mixture and cheese.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Chicken Cheddar Stuffing Casserole
Sort By :
"the chicken stuffing gets soggy."
"gave points for ease of preparation. not a bad dish, just okay. If I revisit this, I will definitely try to add more complexity/depth to it. No ideas yet but...."
"Very bland....definitely needs more seasoning. I should have known better. I always end up adding some of my own seasoning to these recipes, but this one I didn't because I was in a hurry with hungry kids. I would not make this again."
"I made half this recipe for two of us cuz we were in the mood for comfort food. Although good and satisfying it needs more flavor - definitely salt and lots of pepper. I added about 1/2 cup chopped onion and about half of a diced red pepper. I also subbed peas for the corn (personal preference) and fresh mushroom. I sauteed the veggies before adding them to the chicken. I also layered the cheese on the stuffing then the veggie/chicken mixture then on top of the soup. The stuffing turn into a very soft, velvety texture and would be better if it were a little crispy."
"Hubby liked it ok but not really my type of meal. I think it would taste better as a pot pie. Just my taste"