Chicken Cheddar Stuffing Casserole Recipe
This tasty chicken casserole from Cathy Smith of Wyoming, Michigan is chock-full of homey, comforting flavor! It’s a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken, plus it’s so quick to assemble using handy pantry items.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) chicken stuffing mix
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare stuffing mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup and milk; set aside. Spread the stuffing into two greased 8-in. square baking dishes. Layer with chicken, corn, mushrooms, soup mixture and cheese.
- 2. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the second casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC