"When time is short and I have many guests, this is the recipe I reach for," relates Ruth Andrewson from Peck, Idaho. "The comforting dish has a crunchy topping and can be on the table in under an hour."
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 8 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup crushed french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, pecans and diced onion. Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic salt; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with potato chips, french-fried onions and cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Celery Casserole in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Celery Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2015
"I use left over turkey at Christmas and Thanksgiving. Love it"