- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 pound cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth or chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, chicken, beans, carrots, onion, vermouth, bouillon, garlic, lavender if desired, thyme and fennel. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through.
- Divide among bowls; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 7 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Chicken Cassoulet Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p69
Reviews for Chicken Cassoulet Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review