Chicken Casserole Supreme Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, apple and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in butter and stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and soup.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with broccoli and stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Casserole Supreme(13)
Sort By :
awesome, delicious you must make
This was first time I made this recipe and it was a big hit! I replaced the raisins with cranberries for my family. Everyone loved it in a family of 8.
I am not usually a casserole lover, though I make them to be cost conscious. This was one of my favorites ever! I did change a couple things: didn't peel the apple and used 3/4 cup dried cranberries. Added about 1/2 tsp of sage and plenty of pepper to the chicken/mushroom mixture. Used cream of celery soup to give it some contrasting flavor and only used 3/4 cup sour cream so it wouldn't be too mushy. Also reduced broccoli by about a cup so it wouldn't overpower. Baked for 25 minutes so the topping was crunchy. Everyone loved it - even my 2 year old!
Why because you do not list the Recipe for the meal so can I tell if I would make it
A casserole my hubby will eat!
I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >