- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) reduced-sodium stuffing mix
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, apple and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until apple is tender. Stir in butter and stuffing mix. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream and soup.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with broccoli and stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chicken Casserole Supreme
Sort By :
"awesome, delicious you must make"
"This was first time I made this recipe and it was a big hit! I replaced the raisins with cranberries for my family. Everyone loved it in a family of 8."
"I am not usually a casserole lover, though I make them to be cost conscious. This was one of my favorites ever! I did change a couple things: didn't peel the apple and used 3/4 cup dried cranberries. Added about 1/2 tsp of sage and plenty of pepper to the chicken/mushroom mixture. Used cream of celery soup to give it some contrasting flavor and only used 3/4 cup sour cream so it wouldn't be too mushy. Also reduced broccoli by about a cup so it wouldn't overpower. Baked for 25 minutes so the topping was crunchy. Everyone loved it - even my 2 year old!"
"A casserole my hubby will eat!I substituted dried cranberries for the raisins."
"I live alone, so will be freezing some of it for later.Very good,would probably use less sour cream, next time."