"While this colorful stovetop supper is perfect for everyday family meals, it makes a lovely company dinner, too," notes Frances Musser of Newmanstown, Pennsylvania. "I like to serve it with homemade rolls," she adds.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, add the rice, carrots, onion, mushrooms and red pepper. Cook and stir until rice is browned and onion is tender.
- Stir in broth. Place chicken over rice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in parsley. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Carrot Pilaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p43
Reviews for Chicken Carrot Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review