Chicken Carrot Fried Rice
A dear friend shared this colorful stir fry when my four children were small. It quickly won over those picky eaters! To cut down on prep time, I make the rice ahead and often marinate the chicken beforehand.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and
- garlic; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and
- green onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes. Add carrots;
- stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Remove and set
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no
- longer pink and juices run clear. Add the rice, pepper, vegetables
- and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 269 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.