Chicken Carrot Fried Rice Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and green onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes. Add carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add the rice, pepper, vegetables and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Carrot Fried Rice(6)
Sort By :
I thought this Was very good. I added hot sauce and agave and also cooked the chicken in peanut oil instead of canola. This made it very flavorful!
I agree with another reviewer that it was ok, but mild. If I made this again, I would not use the soy sauce and other seasonings, but use a spicy peanut sauce instead.
This was fine,quite mild, but I think I will stick with other recipes that I have made.
We loved this! Will definitely make again. The last time I made it I did let the chicken marinate in the garlic and soy sauce for maybe thirty minutes, and it tasted extra flavorful.
I made this with green beans, which I cut in half, instead of broccoli (because I didn't have any on hand) and it tasted great!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >