A dear friend shared this colorful stir fry when my four children were small. It quickly won over those picky eaters! To cut down on prep time, I make the rice ahead and often marinate the chicken beforehand.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and green onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 5 minutes. Add carrots; stir-fry 4 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink and juices run clear. Add the rice, pepper, vegetables and remaining soy sauce. Stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Carrot Fried Rice in Country Woman September/October 2001, p31
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Carrot Fried Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review