Chicken Cannelloni Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cooked pasta, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion, peppers, garlic, celery and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine ricotta cheese, green onions, Parmesan, parsley, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning; divide evenly and spoon on top of chicken breasts. Roll up; place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Cannelloni
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.