Chicken Cannelloni Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cooked pasta, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, peppers, garlic, celery and mushrooms in oil until onion is tender. Add tomato paste, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine ricotta cheese, green onions, Parmesan, parsley, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning; divide evenly and spoon on top of chicken breasts. Roll up; place seam side down in an 8-in. square baking dish. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Cannelloni
Sort By :
very good easy to make
Amazing!! I added spinach to the cheese mixture, and omitted tomato paste and diced tomatoes for a jar of sauce.
This is a recipe site NOT a bi**hing site!! If you haven't even made this rated it and complained then buzz off!!! I can't stand people who judge before even trying the recipe!!!! I changed a few things just to make this easier for me. Loved, just loved the whole finished dish!! Thanks
This looks like a recipe that I would be happy to serve family and friends. I would never rate a recipe because of it's name! I will give it 4 stars and probably would go the full 5 stars once I have tasted it. I like thinking "outside the recipe".
I think this recipe is amazing!! Since I get home later in the evenings, I just used jarred spaghetti sauce to shorten the time. I have even tried roasted garlic alfredo with this recipe and it is wonderful.
For those that are putting down someone else's food creation just because of the name they gave it...don't be rude.