Easy as can be, this fast-to-assemble recipe comes from Carla Hodenfield of Ray, North Dakota. "It combines six cans of pantry ingredients," she confides. "Just heat and serve! You can substitute any kind of noodles for the chow mein noodles."
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken; heat through. Serve over chow mein noodles. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Can-Can in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p12
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Can-Can
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review