Chicken Can-Can Recipe
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken noodle soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (5 ounces) chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the chicken; heat through. Serve over chow mein noodles. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Can-Can
Sort By :
"This dish was very easy to make, however it was very bland and lacked any flavor. My husband wouldn't eat it and even I didn't care for it (and I like blandish foods). Ended up throwing it away."
"We all really liked this. I did as another cook suggested and put cream of mushroom soup in , I used reg milk with the flour mixed in and a little garlic. I also added sliced almonds over the top. Will def make again."
"This was one of the first recipes I ever tried from a magazine, and found it quite tasty and extremely easy to throw together. These days, we're more into healthier eating, so I steer clear of canned soups and chow mein noodles, but I imagine healthy substitutes could be found. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe."
"I've been making this recipe for 40 years. It's delicious -- but missing a few key ingredients! Add 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup. Omit the Chicken Noodle soup and instead use 1 can Chicken with Rice soup. Add 1 can sliced Water Chestnuts and 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds. I also use 4 cups of diced chicken, lightly seasoned. There is no need for the flour. Gently mix ingredients together and bake at 350 degrees, for one hour. This is an exceptionally better casserole -- and my guests always ask for the recipe. It's one of my go-to favorites!"
"This is one of the first recipes I ever tried from the Quick Cooking magazine. It sold me on the magazine!! It is so easy and so good. My children and husband all love it. If you are in a hurry, this is a meal you can be proud of serving."