Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
“I adapted this easy sandwich recipe after eating something similar at a local restaurant,” relates Sara Schurtz Gonzalez of Phoenix, Arizona. “Mayonnaise keeps the chicken so moist, and Parmesan cheese gives it delightful tang.” TIP: “Serve it with crispy chips for a satisfying yet not-too-heavy weekend lunch,” Sarah advises.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; spread mayonnaise over both
- sides. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley; sprinkle over
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Spread salad dressing over cut sides of rolls. Place romaine on roll
- bottoms; layer with chicken and tomato. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and fat-free dressing) equals 435 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,110 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.