“I adapted this easy sandwich recipe after eating something similar at a local restaurant,” relates Sara Schurtz Gonzalez of Phoenix, Arizona. “Mayonnaise keeps the chicken so moist, and Parmesan cheese gives it delightful tang.” TIP: “Serve it with crispy chips for a satisfying yet not-too-heavy weekend lunch,” Sarah advises.
Featured In: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 4 hard rolls, split
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; spread mayonnaise over both sides. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese and parsley; sprinkle over chicken.
- Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Spread salad dressing over cut sides of rolls. Place romaine on roll bottoms; layer with chicken and tomato. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p57
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2015
"Just made these for lunch today. The chicken was tasty and moist. When placed on the rolls that had been spread with the Caesar dressing, tomato slice, and romaine lettuce leaf--all I can say is yum!"