Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 large bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before serving, stir in lettuce, onion and carrot; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 363 calories, 28g fat (5g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Salad
"Very good. Great dinner in the summer. The robust taste is better than a store bought dressing. You could also grill chicken breasts and cut into stripes and add to salad once plated. The anchovies add some zip and make it a real "Romaine Holiday" meal."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.