Chicken Caesar Salad
You'll find this salad makes a nice addition to any brunch buffet. The robust Caesar dressing adds some "zest" to the mild flavors of chicken and vegetables.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 large bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 carrot, julienned
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before
- serving, stir in lettuce, onion and carrot; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 363 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.