Chicken Caesar Salad for Four Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into strips; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- 3. Place romaine in a large salad bowl. Add cheese mixture; toss to coat. Top with the chicken strips, eggs, croutons and remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 755 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 365 mg cholesterol, 585 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 101 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.