Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
A simple homemade dressing sets this Caesar salad apart from ordinary salads. With lots of Parmesan, romaine and chicken strips, it's a clear classic, only better!Rebecca Porter, Yigo, Guam
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup Caesar salad croutons
- Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cut chicken into strips; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper. Cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Place romaine in a large salad bowl. Add cheese mixture; toss to coat. Top with the chicken strips, eggs, croutons and remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Caesar Salad in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Caesar Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2010
Wonderful summer time salad that the whole family loved. Served with some warm bread and the meal was complete.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Caesar Salads >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >